Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer – Fleet and Facility (Travel)
Purpose & Primary Function
- The position of the Administrative Officer – Fleet and Facility (Travel) is responsible for ensuring and oversees the daily effective and efficient running of project vehicles while ensuring proper maintenance of these project assets.
- S/he also ensures staff movement within Damaturu, within Yobe State, and travel to other states is well coordinated with relevant colleagues.
- In addition, s/he will ensure that office and guesthouse facilities are maintained and cleaned.
- In collaboration with the Administrative Officer, s/he will conduct all tasks related to the management of contracts for occupancy and utilities like electricity and generators.
- Finally, s/he will coordinate with the Administrative Officer to register and update new items to the office inventory register.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Mechanical Engineering and any other related qualification.
- A certification in Motor vehicle mechanics or Transportation will have an added advantage
- Certificate in Defensive Driving.
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative, diplomacy, and tact;
- Minimum of three years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an International Organization at least two of which must be at a Managerial level;
- Prior experience supervising staff at various levels of responsibility in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills in English. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri are an advantage
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good supervision skills and report writing
- Proven level of integrity and honesty.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: “Administrative Officer – Fleet and Facility (Travel): ADFFY-6917”.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be treated as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation .